New Mac osx leopard user!!! (HAVING PROBLEMS)
    Hello everyone, i used my pc laptop to mainly watch korean dramas or go into korean websites...however, when switching to mac's, specifically the new iMac 20," i'm unable to do anything i used to to with pc's. Isn't mac's suppose to be better and more superior than windows? It seems as if there are websites where i need to use "internet explorer." These are mainly korean websites, which i believe do not use mac operating systems and restricting me from accessing it at all.

For example, www.soribada.com is a website where i download korean music, however, when i put my ID and PW to sign on, it shows that i must use internet explorer to access the page. Other webpages, www.kbs.co.kr , here i cant watch dramas i used to watch or do anything even though i have an id and password. I find it very inconvenient and was wondering...IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO BESIDES INSTALLING INTERNET EXPLORER, because they don't provide INTERNET EXPLORER ANYMORE to mac users, as told by many.

Thank you guys and hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and much appreciated.

Specs:
    iMac, MBP
    I'm using Safari and can access both those webpages. I can also hear music when clicking samples in the first link you posted.

Have you installed the 10.5.1 update?

You could always try using Firefox

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Like Bear Hunter I can visit those sites and play music. I can't try the Login as I do not have an account there. Try Firefox, Camino and even Opera. See if one of them will let you log in.

Korean content on MAC
    Hello Justincredible,
    It is not just you! I have been having the same trouble with my MacBookPro and 10.4.11. I even went to my local Apple Store and tried most of the machines on display. No one at the store could explain why I can't receive streaming data from KBS, Soribada, PangTV, RedSpot, etc. I noticed today that the banners at the top of the home page for RedSpot don't even appear on my MAC. Of course, everything is viewable and useable on my PC.

I can tell you that FireFox is the only browser which actually shows the On Air links at KBS. I tried at least five others (Opera and Safari included) which don't even show the links when I hover over the labels. After clicking on a link, I can enter my UN and PW. Then a small blank window appears, but the player never opens and starts.

I've been asking a few friends who might know someone in Korea with an Apple computer, but so far I have had no luck. I really would like to know what needs to be done to view Korean content on my MAC!
    Bill

Specs:
    17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
    wolding and Justin,

Unfortunately, there are still many web developers that focus on IE development solely as it is still the "most popular" browser (as it comes with Windows).

This is not Apple's fault by any means, this is poor web development and design practice.

If Safari, Firefox, or Opera in IE mode really don't solve your problem, do a search on Google to find the program that lets you download and install IE on OSX. I've heard good things about it for both Linux and Mac.

On a side-note: "Mac", not "MAC". MAC is physical address for NIC cards.
    (Sorry, it's bugging me tonight )

Specs:
    17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
    Couldn't edit my last post.

Here is a link to the download:
    http://www.kronenberg.org/ies4osx/

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    are those sites using microsoft DRM for the shows and music?

Hello alaceo,
    Thanks for the link. The installation went smoothly, and IE ran OK. But my Mac is still allergic to Korean media. Additionally, the text on most Korean websites did not display correctly at all - even though the correct encoding was selected. I'll try your idea to search for other IE solutions.

Sorry for using capital letters for my Mac. I actually do know the difference. The company I work for makes medical devices that communicate on networks. So, I get into the wonderful world of networking quite often.

louishen: I don't see DRM mentioned in the source code for any of these sites. This is simply streaming content, with no ability to save locally.
    Bill

Thread Information