New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Securing a partitioned disk

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jefferya17

jefferya17 is on a distinguished road

Two part question.

Does anyone know how to get a partitioned section of the drive to return to normal? I've tried everything under the sun to try to get the blank 10gb partition to be placed back into the Mac HD.

two: if the first strategy doesn't produce fruit, I'm thinking about adding a good deal of security access to this partition. Does anyone have any suggestions for producing a hard drive with security levels equivalent to a steal box with a steroid jacked guard at the front door that will break off your arms if you're not allowed inside?
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

As far as I know, there are no free tools to achieve this (resizing/merging partitions).
The Disk Utility is probably the easiest way to password protect a disk/partition.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What is kernel panic? | iDisk Storage space and .Mac galleries »