New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard hates Excel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I wasn't sure if this should go in OS or Apps, but since Excel worked fine before Leopard, I guess it's an OS issue.

Since I installed Leopard, I been having problems where my keyboard inputs are not registering. But that's not a huge issue because I can just click on my desktop and then back to Excel and it will work again. The bigger problem is that I will be working and suddenly the whole screen goes blue (BSOD?) and comes back like my MBP just rebooted, only it's just a few seconds. Luckily auto-save helps, but I still lose the work I did in the last few minutes.

Anyone else having Excel issues?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Have you tossed the plist?
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

my excel likes to shutdown by itself,

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Henvan20

Henvan20 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2x 2.4GHz MBP. 1x old school Mac Mini.

Im running excel 2008 on leopard and it works flawlessly. I guess its just me.
QUOTE Thanks
Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, MBP

Excel seems to be working fine for me
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Excel from MS Office 2004? Mine is working fine on my MacBook Core Duo, running Leopard 10.5.1

I use office extensively and have found it very well behaved. Is there something you can specifically point to that causes the issue, or email a spreadsheet that has an issue? I bring home some pretty hefty spreadsheets from work, and apart from being significantly slower than Windows Excel, it does pretty well.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Zanthe

Zanthe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I wasn't sure if this should go in OS or Apps, but since Excel worked fine before Leopard, I guess it's an OS issue.

Since I installed Leopard, I been having problems where my keyboard inputs are not registering. But that's not a huge issue because I can just click on my desktop and then back to Excel and it will work again. The bigger problem is that I will be working and suddenly the whole screen goes blue (BSOD?) and comes back like my MBP just rebooted, only it's just a few seconds. Luckily auto-save helps, but I still lose the work I did in the last few minutes.

Anyone else having Excel issues?
Great. More good things from Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I guess the problem is, at best, hit and miss for people. Hopefully when I get Office 2008 it will be better. BTW, is it up for public beta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
Have you tossed the plist?
Can't say I know what that is. At this point I would like to toss the whole application!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Bobby

Bobby is on a distinguished road

I am having the exact same problem. Just installed Leopard this weekend and noticed the Excel keyboard issues this week - it's quite annoying when you're working for days in Excel as I have been - the keys quit registering (only in Excel - no other apps that I am aware of) and it happens about every 10 minutes or so. The rebooting/blue screen has been particularly disconcerting. Fortunately I have the recover time set to 5 minutes in Excel so I haven't lost much work, but I am having flashbacks to my old days as a Windows user - unexplained crashes and blue screens. I am going to try reinstalling Excel and see if that helps. This is obviously a compatibility issue created by Leopard. If someone has any ideas, please help!

Running a 2006 vintage MacBook Pro using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I originally thought it was a keyboard issue, but have ruled that out.
QUOTE Thanks
riscy

riscy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP

I would recommend OpenOffice over Windows Office - I have not had any issues with it, ever, although I have not used it much since putting on Leopard.

"I've go too much energy to switch off my mind, and not enough to get myself organised." The the
Try using BootPicker with BootCamp
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wanting to update to Leopard | SSH via Putty to Mac from PC - Connection Refused »