Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2007
    Posts
    1
    Will not boot OSX 10.5
    When i start my macbook pro it only makes it to the loading screen with the apple logo and loading circle. After about a couple minutes, the computer restarts its self. However I can boot windows fine. I am not sure what is going on and I would bepleased if some one could help me since i need my computer for finals. Thank you!

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2007
    Posts
    264
    Boot off the Mac OS X CD and use the Disk Utility to check the hard disk and possible repair the filesystem. Also, it could be a bad extension or other startup program thats preventing a proper boot up. Use Terminal to browse the file system.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    May 13, 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    119
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
    Another problem that happened to my buddy, when he first installed leopard it wouldn't start up. The reason after bringing it into the Apple store was because he had the "application enhancer" ie "shape shifter". So if you have an app like that leopard won't boot.

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Yep. App enhancer used by Shapeshifter and some other apps has had problem with the Leopard installation...

  5. #5

    kgeier82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 01, 2006
    Posts
    1,495
    Specs:
    MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
    have you tried holding the "alt" button at bootup, and select OSX?

    if thts the case, you just need to change your startup disk
    2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Dec 04, 2007
    Posts
    39
    yep..i had the sme problem..i had a lot of 3rd party software on the computer and they think one of these just upsets leopard and it wont boot up...its been happening a lot...i had to do a clean install

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Angry The same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillainacan View Post
    When i start my macbook pro it only makes it to the loading screen with the apple logo and loading circle. After about a couple minutes, the computer restarts its self. However I can boot windows fine. I am not sure what is going on and I would bepleased if some one could help me since i need my computer for finals. Thank you!
    Hi: I have the same problem, but I can startup in single mode and check my Hard drive,fsck say its OK, so I try to startup from external hard drive( with 10.5 installer) and the same problem, finally I try with Techtool pro DVD( boot dvd) and my computer pass all test. WTH**** is that!!!!. I am think is the Logicboard but how I can startup in single mode? and from a DVD, If the main board is broken the computer can't start!!
    I can't understand, any ideas genius men!!

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Sep 02, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by c4plastic View Post
    Hi: I have the same problem, but I can startup in single mode and check my Hard drive,fsck say its OK, so I try to startup from external hard drive( with 10.5 installer) and the same problem, finally I try with Techtool pro DVD( boot dvd) and my computer pass all test. WTH**** is that!!!!. I am think is the Logicboard but how I can startup in single mode? and from a DVD, If the main board is broken the computer can't start!!
    I can't understand, any ideas genius men!!
    c4 I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. I can see your post was from February, if you happen to be following this thread, did you get the problem solved in any way?

    S

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Nov 26, 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStef View Post
    c4 I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. I can see your post was from February, if you happen to be following this thread, did you get the problem solved in any way?

    S
    I'm looking for a solution to this exact same problem also. To clarify, I can boot from my internal drive normally, but when I try to boot from any other bootable drive (including Leapard Install DVD), the mac attempts to boot for about 20 seconds, then the screen goes black and the mac restarts. I suspect a problem with the logic board but would really appreciate any other ideas....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. Unable to boot OSX after Boot Camp partitioning
    By goldtree in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 07:32 AM
  3. OSX will not boot.. please help
    By Kevo in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. can't boot to OSX
    By sadoclause in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 08:50 PM
  5. Can't Boot to osx cd
    By stall in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •