Specs:
    2.2ghz Macbook w/ 2GB Ram, 160GB HD...2GB iPod Nano...30GB iPod Video
    Errors (Leopard) - Need some smart help
    Hey,

So heres the deal, I switched to mac from pc in September wanting the whole 'stable os'. Don't get me wrong, I love the macbook. Wouldn't go back to pc. But at the same time, since installing leopard (about a day or two after release), I have gotten the message asking me to restart my computer a total of three times. I've attached a word document with the most recent error (10 minutes ago). I'm pretty sure the first two were because I was using Azerus with leopard when it wasn't compatible. But the third, and most recent I have no idea the cause.

Situation:
    I basically use my computer to check my email, surf the web a bit, and download movies/music - with the occasional bit of school work. I use transmission to download all of my torrents. Usually from good torrent websites (mininova, btjunkie etc).. Currently I have no virusware/protective software installed. A local mac specialty store (MyMacDealer - Calgary, AB) told me it would be redundant to run the software, and suggested against it. Was this the wrong move?

My second question, is with respect to reformatting. I have the 3yr apple care plan, I think it came w/ a CD. I know with my old PC Laptop (Toshiba) I had a reformat disc, that essentially set the laptop back to default factory condition. Is there an equivalent for mac, and if so does it work and do you recommend doing it? Reinstalling leopard, and 'starting fresh' with some protective software?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    That one you have posted was caused by the Airport (your wireless) card crashing.
    Have you done the 10.5.1 update? Would try that before anything else.
    And transmission is not yet Leopard compatible. It is causing many instability issues. Even with the latest releases according to everything I'm reading.

You can also read this faq #1 at the top of the switchers forum - The Official Mac AntiVirus and Firewall FAQ
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    I would have 10.5.1 if it auto-updated. I never actively sought it out and downloaded. How would I check if I had it? lol, as you can tell I'm still adjusting.

Cheers, thanks for the quick response.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Click the Apple in the top left corner and then Software Update.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Alright i'm downloading it now.
    Is there a way to make updates automatic? And should I uninstall transmission? Is there any torrent programs that work with Leopard? Or is it best to avoid downloading them? - Probably not going to happen, but who knows.

Thanks.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Open System Preferences. Look for Software Update toward the bottom and click on it. There you will see what this picture shows. You can change the settings there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information