New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Key Chain becoming forgetful

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Just recently, my keychain is becoming forgetful. Open iTunes and it will prompt me to enter my account details again (I used it for over a year without this happening) and Camino/Safari sometimes forget my log-on details for YouTube, IGN and American Express amongst others.

Usually happens in betweem sleep states, i.e. not when I reboot, which is even stranger.

I have noticed this happening since going to Leopard 10.5.1 - didn't happen on Tiger or 10.5.0

Anyone else experiencing this? I have not altered any security settings from the default.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Have you tried resetting Keychain.app? Maybe that would solve it although (I'm guessing here) it almost sounds like the sleep process clogs up some cache somewhere or something similar.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I'll try that. The iTunes one is the weirdest, because after I entered my account details in Oct 2006 when I got this MacBook, I never had to do it again until about 2 weeks ago, and now it's almost daily.

The Camino/Safari prompts are a bit more random - but before Leopard I always used Firefox, not Camino. Firefox doesn't use Keychain, so I don't know if the issue would have been there before.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Sometimes I will get that re-enter user account/password on iTunes Music Store as well and I'm on 10.4.11 Tiger. I would venture to think it's because traffic is too high but that has happened to me as well when I go lurk at foreign iTMS, wondering when we're going to get certain albums here just like the European online stores.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Utility show4s 2 partitions!!! | Hardware Assessment for Leopard »