Specs:
    Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
    Slow and Buggy? Not what i expected from a the new OS
    One thing apple have improved on is their shipping times! Only took 1 day to get my new OS to me (took 5 weeks to get my mac pro) and I did a complete erase and install of my new OS. However on a number of occasions i have found that installers, updaters and programs crash or are just very slow and.. i haven't even been able to install iworks as the installer just crashes every-time.

Is this usual for the new OS that everyone has been talking about? Should i start from scratch and install OSX again? I preferred Tiger, pretty much both look the same but Tiger seems more stable.

Dont get me wrong i love the new features but I cant justify spending the 85 ($170) for this new OS

Anybody else experienced similar problems?

Specs:
    MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
    For any new OS there are initial hiccups. We shouldn't forget that it's just been a month since release and Apple is quick in releasing the fixes. IMO atleast 3 months are required for any new OS to settle down. I also upgraded from Tiger to Leopard and had a few keyboard issues initially but now it's working like charm. So pls be patient.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    I have not had one issue like that. I installed iWork and all my applications and not one error or crash.

I did notice an over all slow down in the response of apps opening and the like, so your not crazy. I have not had any other issues other than this one:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86965

But so far I really like it. I'm sure they will get some updates out soon.

GM

Specs:
    iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
    I did a fresh install.... format then install. seems fine so far and no slower than Tiger.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/

Specs:
    Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
    just had the whole os crash on me and took about 15 mins to restart... I think i just have real bad luck when it comes to technology!

I do love the new features though and no doubt after the xmas rush more bug fixes will be release. On a side note, I am thinking of getting the misses a macbook but i am thinking no doubt prices will drop after xmas?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.morgan View Post
    On a side note, I am thinking of getting the misses a macbook but i am thinking no doubt prices will drop after xmas?
    The prices won't drop. They never have and likely never will. There is no reason for them to.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    they did after leopard came out i thought?

Thread Information