New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - No Sound in Safari or other browswers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

misifus

misifus is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm running 10.4.11 on a dual PPC G5 tower, and of late, I can't hear sound when viewing youtube or other videos on Safari, or any other browsers. I've got some external Benwin speakers, and they work fine with iTunes and with all the alert sounds, but I can't hear anything from web browsers.

This seems like a preference or system setting, but I can't find any that are muted. I've checked the browser prefs as well as System Preferences/Sound. In fact, I gone through all the system preferences in hopes of finding something that would help, but no joy.

I can't pin the loss of sound down to a particular event, but I think it pre-dated the upgrade to OS 10.4.11, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

misifus
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you have Garage Band on your Mac? If so open it and play a few notes. Don't ask why, just try it. It's worked for many.

Let us know what happens.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« keyboard problems- virus? | Reinstalling Mac osx software »