New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

missing iphoto library

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mpiahil

mpiahil is on a distinguished road

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP
First itunes couldn’t find its library… All the songs were gone. I updated itunes and dragged all my music back into it and it seemed fine. Then a few weeks later, all my photos in iphoto were gone. I checked my pictures file and there was no longer an iphoto library there. I searched as best I could for it (like in the trash, etc) and for individual photos, but can’t find them. 100’s of photos gone!!! Then I noticed that a few of my folders in my home file were missing. The name of the file is still there, but no file icon. When I click on the name of the missing file, it just disappears. On restart, the name reappears, but still no file. Lastly, I’m now finding that some of my music folders are empty itunes says it can’t find the original file and when I go to it in my music file, it’s empty. Lastly, I tried installing Norton but it keeps telling me to reinstall. It gives this warning “The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/SymOSXKernelUtilities.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.” I’ve tried reinstalling 3x but still the same warning. ;-(
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, mpiahil.

Did you manually rename your home folder? That's a big nono.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82866&highlight=rename+home+folde r

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80348&highlight=rename+home+folde r

Etc.

*Moved thread to proper forum - not a design question but troubleshooting the OS*
QUOTE Thanks
mpiahil

mpiahil is on a distinguished road

nope, didn't rename it. the pictures folder in my home folder is missing and iphoto will not let me recreate it ;-(
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« conversion | Network attached storage »