New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.3 - eMac Acting Wierd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scubagal

scubagal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive

I have an eMac that I am sorry to say has been sitting for several months without use. For no other reason than I use my PowerBook most of the time. Now that I have started using the eMac again, it is acting wierd. I booted it this morning, went to update software, and it locked up and wouldn't recover. I manually powered it down, waited a few minutes, rebooted and updated the software. I walked away for a bit and when I came back I woke it up and it brought up my screensaver but nothing else. It didn't seem to be locked but I could do nothing but power it off again. I'm not sure what is going on but am open to any suggestions that anyone may have to offer. It is running Panther. Also, what are the minimumrequirements to upgrade from Panther to the new Leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

The biggest requirements besides a DVD drive are 867Mhz G4 and 512 Megs RAM.

Which EMac do you have? There is a 700, 800 Mhz, 1Ghz, 1.2Ghz and 1.42 Ghz Emacs.
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

i think it might be the battery.

if u open the ram slots u can change it. it is one of those lithium batteries

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Main Menu Maintenace scripts | Strange maintenance scripts behavior »