New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iMac - Need help with error code

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HotRodstoHell

HotRodstoHell is on a distinguished road

If anybody out there can help me with this and/or come up with a solution, I would greatly appreciate it! I have an IMAC G4/1.25GHZ desktop. It worked fine for about a year but one day it powered on but that was it. I used the apple hardware test to find out what is wrong and it showing error code 25TF/8/3:ATA-100ata-6-master. I have not been able to find out any other information about this error code. Can anyone out there help me? Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodstoHell View Post
If anybody out there can help me with this and/or come up with a solution, I would greatly appreciate it! I have an IMAC G4/1.25GHZ desktop. It worked fine for about a year but one day it powered on but that was it. I used the apple hardware test to find out what is wrong and it showing error code 25TF/8/3:ATA-100ata-6-master. I have not been able to find out any other information about this error code. Can anyone out there help me? Thank you!
I was only able to find another instance of that Hardware Error Code and you can read about it here.

Basically it points to a failing or failed Hard Drive. Hard Drives have been know to fail at any time regardless of the age of the computer.

I hope you don't lose any of your personal data out of this and can't stress how important it is to regularly back up all your important files.

You could try Firewire Target Disc Mode to access your files on the iMac but you'll need to have access to another Firewire capable Mac.

You'll need a 6-pin to 6-pin Firewire Cable too. Basically you connect the two Macs and boot your iMac holding the "T" key then you'll notice your iMacs HD will mount onto the other Macs Desktop so you can transfer stuff using drag & drop. It's just like working with an external HD.

Let us know how you go with it.
QUOTE Thanks
HotRodstoHell

HotRodstoHell is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help. Deep down I had a feeling it was the hard drive but thought maybe I'd catch a break and it would be something repairable. Not sure what I'll do from here but again I appreciate the info.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing iDisk icon from desktop | Main Menu Maintenace scripts »