Setup User picture
    Specs:
    14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
    Setup User picture
    I setup my macbook while my friend was over so I invited her to be in my userphoto and a good photo it was. The only problem is I can't seem to find it in the system at all! Is there anyway I can find and view this picture full size?

Thanks!
    "Come on big operating system, big operating system!" - PC

Setup User picture
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    Did you take the Photos from Photo Booth? If that's the case, they should be inside the, <User>/Pictures/Photo Booth folder.

Setup User picture
    Specs:
    No. When you you first setup the macbook it asks if you would like to take a picture to use as your user icon. It was not taken using the photoboth application it was taken before os x ever fully booted up the first time.

MacHeadCase
    It must have been the iSight camera that took the picture? I would look in your user account, in the Pictures folder. Or maybe in your user account -> Library -> Images folder.

Setup User picture
    Specs:
    There are no pictures in my picture folder and when I go into library image capture I can't find any pictures! Darn this is pissing me off. I'm running leopard by the way.

MacHeadCase
    Well I'm running Tiger so the hierarchy might not be the same at all. Anyway, I found a User Picture folder and the path is this:

Macintosh HD -> Library -> User Pictures

But I doubt the image you are looking for would be there for the simple fact that, this is a folder that is theoretically accessible to all users on your Mac. The image is supposed to be accessible only to your user account.

Maybe you could use Spotlight to search for it: ask for finding all .jpgs, all .pngs lying around on your hard drive, it'll be tedious but that's the only thing I can think of.

If you still can't find anything, add to your search criteria for invisible image files.

Another thing you could do as well is launch iPhoto. It finds images I don't even know where they are stored! LOL But seriously, can't say I spent a huge amount of time wanting to know either.

Setup User picture
    Specs:
    Macheadcase I really appreciate your dedication to help solving my problem! when I went to library user pictures the only photos there were the default ones provided by apple.

I searched for .jpgs and .pngs in spotlight but found nothing, how can you tell it to search for invisible image files?

I formatted this macbook with leopard but apparently the discs do not have ilife on them so I am installing ihpto seperately right now, I'll update to let you know how it goes!

Thanks

MacHeadCase
    The search criteria is like this...

Screenie one, you click on the + sign on the right and this will make a drop down box appear where you can choose the search criteria. You choose in this case, Visibility.

When you click ok, you now have a new search criteria that appears (screenie 2).

And yeah, I kinda figured your image wouldn't be in that folder: like I said, that folder is available to every user on the computer, makes no sense to me that your user stuff would end up in there for everybody else to see and use because this is personal info or data. I truly think this is something that would be found only in your user account somewhere.

Edited to add:

DOH! One question I forgot to ask you... Can you still choose that user setup picture for your user data like for your vCard in Address Book for instance or your iChat icon? If you can't, maybe it was deleted by mistake?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information