how to uninstall software
    i just got a wireless usb antenna for my older imac. i didn't like how it worked so i returned it. now i can't get rid of the software that i installed for it. i drug it to the trash and tried to empty the trash but it won't do it cuz it says some .nib file is still in use. how do i locate this file to get rid of this software for a device that i no longer have?? thanks.

how to uninstall software
    i just got a wireless usb antenna for my older imac. i didn't like how it worked so i returned it. now i can't get rid of the software that i installed for it. i drug it to the trash and tried to empty the trash but it won't do it cuz it says some .nib file is still in use. how do i locate this file to get rid of this software for a device that i no longer have?? thanks.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Look in your login items for any related items (System Prefs > Accounts > Your account > Login items). If there are any related files there, delete them (use the "-" click button). Then restart the computer and empty the trash.

Alternatively you could just use "Secure Empty Trash".

i tried looking for it under the accounts in system prefs. there was nothing there. i have also tried using the secure empty trash and it won't work. it still says that the file is in use. i cannot locate this file anywhere.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Is the original App still in the trash or this one file all that you are left with?

i have also went to force quit and this program is not listed there. i have restarted the computer and it still says this file is in use. i don't know what to do, all i know is that i want to get it off my machine.

the original app is in the trash

Specs:
    Ok, download AppZapper, pull the app and it's stuff out of the trash, open AppZapper, drag the app to AppZapper and zap it. Then empty the trash. Let it dump everything but that one file (or pull that one file out if needed). Restart the machine and dump that one file.

downloaded app zapper but it wont open up

Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1Cor 1:18

MacHeadCase
    AppZapper did not work because the minimum requirements are either OS X 10.4.x Tiger or 10.5.x Leopard. AppDelete is listed as being compatible with 10.3.x Panther and newer.

If you can't download or use AppDelete either...

What is the name of that application or program for that wireless USB antenna? What is the developer's name? Do a Spotlight search for either one of those names.

Since this is an add-on to your system, would you find something in the PreferencePanes folders? If it is a System Preference Pane that could why the system still thinks it is in use.

Possible paths for these is this:

- Macintosh HD -> Library -> PreferencePanes

or

- Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> PreferencePanes

Thread Information