New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - What is wrong with my MacBook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Martyn1989

Martyn1989 is on a distinguished road

I purchased a MacBook less than three weeks ago, I am a first time Mac user and I was looking forward to having a MacBook. Everything has been rosy and I love my MacBook...until today I have been experiencing some graphical glitches, and the F3 and F4 keys no longer work for Expose and Dashboard.

So can anyone help me out, I have attached some screenshots before to try and explain to you all?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/729/picture1cn3.png
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1329/picture2yb2.png
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4863/picture3tt5.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and don't forget, I am basically new to OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
86Apex

86Apex will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD

Looks to me like you might have enabled Universal Access. Go into your System Preferences and make sure that you turn off Universal Access. As for the F3 and F4 keys, those are originally set for volume control; F9, F10 and F11 are used for Expose and F12 is used for Dashboard, unless you set them to be different. If that's the case make sure that you didn't enable the function (fn) key in the Keyboard & Mouse Preference pane. Hope that helps.

"No. No, Mother, I have not been drinking. No. No. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« parental controls question | System Hang/Freeze »