New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Concerning games and resolution

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

damainman

damainman is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Well i just got a macbook pro but made the mistake of not getting the hi-res screen. Which sucks because the apple store is pretty far from me.

Anyway heres the problem.

I just tried playing world of warcraft on my 17 inch macbook on a 1680 x 1050 resolution, and well everything is basically zoomed in and very close.

While in game i changed the resolution to a lower resolution and it looked like it allowed me to view more, but the display looked alittle blurry to me. So i have two questions:

1. The game seemed blurry on lower resolutions, if i continue to play on these resolutions can it cause damage to my card or my display?

2. Why exactly does it get blurry and is there any way to fix that?

Thank you in advance for your replies. This really sucks
QUOTE Thanks
Wilcon

Wilcon is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage

Check in the interface options to make sure that the max camera distance is set so you can move the camera back further. Leave the resolution at the 1680x1500.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There are two types of IT problems in the world. PEBKAC and ID 10 T's.
QUOTE Thanks
damainman

thanks for the reply, i'll try that. Although the zooming only becomes a issue in dungeons, like the deadmines for example since its in closed spaces.. doesn't allow me to zoom out that much.

I'm so zoomed in though that cant really see whats going on around me .
QUOTE Thanks
Wilcon

Wilcon is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage

Yeah I had that issue when I upgraded monitors. The last patch 2.2 changed the video for Macs as well which contributes to the zooming. The allowed some new resolutions. 2.3 doesn't seem to have made any new changes to that.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There are two types of IT problems in the world. PEBKAC and ID 10 T's.
QUOTE Thanks
damainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon View Post
Yeah I had that issue when I upgraded monitors. The last patch 2.2 changed the video for Macs as well which contributes to the zooming. The allowed some new resolutions. 2.3 doesn't seem to have made any new changes to that.
I think im just going to go return this mac and get the hi-res screen, but it sucks because i already setup all the programs and configs on this mac how i like it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Over 300 new Features? List them | Leopard and Drop Downs »