New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - few questions about leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dufferIn

dufferIn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Ibook G4 OS X 10.3.9

Hi before I jump into it I want to know if it worth it for what I would call my workflow.
Does leopard make the download less primitive than Tiger. I mean if the download stop and I restart it does it start from the beginning or from where I stopped it.
I know about the stack but if I want to put the file I want to download in a specific folder can I easily do it without going thru a preference set up.
Is there any way to move a file or folder without going thru different windows... with something like in windows.
Is the help more efficient than in Tiger where I can't find nothing.
Will I have like in Tiger to restart the computer quite often to bring back my hard drive memory... I do work a lot with images and after half a day even if I start with 8 gig of free space on HD I have to restart to get them back... I don't know why it does that but working on the computer fill up the HD even if I save my work on a external disk.
If these small points are improve I go for it.
If it just offer a 3D dock I don't give a flying kangaroos left cricket wicket...
I like the preview in finder. Is it fast or slow...
thank you for your answers.
d
QUOTE Thanks
Matt Deasay

Matt Deasay will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1

All the answers to these poorly listed questions can be found by searching the forum. You could also go to an Apple Store and give Leopard a test drive.

Use the search button before you post.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Careful, Matt... He's got flying kangaroos...

QUOTE Thanks
dufferIn

dufferIn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Ibook G4 OS X 10.3.9

Sorry if I make any offense to Machingod.
Sorry if my writing was not as good as yours... Moliere background.
Sorry if I consider my computer like a tool and not like the Graal.
Sorry if I am not a "marketing speech" buyer.
May be I should find a Mac users forum and not a Mac fans forum.
Thank you.
Now you can unregistered me.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

WOW!

Looks like someone has an attitude problem.

QUOTE Thanks
Matt Deasay

Matt Deasay will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1

And I'm sorry you're not competent enough to read the forum rules or search the forums to see if your question(s) were already asked.

Use the search button before you post.
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Feisty, feisty!!

Personally, I think it'll be hard to find a Mac Forum where it's not just Mac Fans. In order to know your stuff, you gotta love it! At least I do!

I would say.. definitely go check it out at the store before buying it if you're not 100% sure you want/need it.

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

What does "Moliere background" mean exactly? I am just curious...

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Since a Google search only turns up references to Jean-Baptiste Poquelin it either means he is of a French backround or he mis-spelled the English version of his ethnic backround.

QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

I came to the same conclusion. Just wondered if it actually meant something in his dialect.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard and cell phones | Installing leopard on my Imac, can I? »