New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard and cell phones

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

For those of you who have upgraded to Leopard: does Leopard cover more cell phones (to sync) then Tiger does? This is one thing about Mac that irritates me - life would be soooo much easier if I could have my addresses and calendar on my cell phone and not just my computer. I have tried Bitpim and others that cannot get them to work.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well, how about posting your phone model?
They have added some as far as I know.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Well, how about posting your phone model?
They have added some as far as I know.
Sorry - it is a Katana SCP-6600 (Sprint). I have just spent two days researching Palm, Blackberry's, etc. The list at Apple does not seem very "up-to-date."
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

shadyboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig

well leopard supports more phones than tiger i guess..isync work great with both motorola v3i and nokia 7610..hope you find a way to sync

Just be nice and helpful...
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

the katana (which version?) is just a budget phone really, i wouldnt be surprised to never see OSX support

i had one for a while, was hoping, like you, for a long long time.

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hmm, doesn't look as though it'll work... Parallels & Windows software might be the only workaround...
QUOTE Thanks
mad_vtak

mad_vtak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Reigns surpeme

I'd like to see if they would support the HTC Mogul by sprint. Missing sync is not yet compatible with leopard yet...i think.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
the katana (which version?) is just a budget phone really, i wouldnt be surprised to never see OSX support

i had one for a while, was hoping, like you, for a long long time.
Not sure of a model number - just SCP-6600. It is an ok phone. I am still looking for a work-around. Even thought of installing a Linux system on my Mac so I can sync it with that but not sure that would solve my problem because the apps I want to sync are Mac apps, i.e., Address Book and iCal.
QUOTE Thanks
jskwarek

jskwarek is on a distinguished road

There is a Missing Sync beta out that works with Leopard. I installed it last night and it is working well with my Tilt. I'm fiddling with bluetooth in Missing Sync but I'm able to hit my Tilt with iMac bluetooth and transfer files back and forth.

Jason
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Disk Utility Ate My Harddrive | few questions about leopard »