New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iBook - Won't start it normally? Need help*Thank You*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

frank358fr

frank358fr is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've a problem with my iBook. I installed XPostFacto and I check some options, I restarted the iBook and now I've got this screen. What sould I do to start it normally?
First window and if I wrote mac-boot bring me to the second pictures

Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

You could try both suggested commands one after the other.
Type
/sbin/fsck -y and hit enter (check for the file system errors)
/sbin/mount -uw / and hit anter (this will mount the file system)
Type,
reboot now and hit enter to restart the Mac.

If the above treatment doesn't work try this.
QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

Doesnt work! What should I do?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Search the net for xpostfacto. The top page in the list that appeared is this one. You could register to gain specific help.

In the meantime, try starting the Mac while holding down the Shift key a safe start. If it boots, you could yank everything xpostfacto (run a search of the hard drive) though unless you have another bootable system loaded, this likely wouldn't help.
QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

I search on the website but I found nothing? Do you see where I can make it work?
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all

Sorry, no, because I can't run OS X on this machine, so there's no point in my registering at that site to search it.

Do you have the original system-install disk? Maybe you could do an archive-and-install with the original disks, thereby saving all your files.
QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

aight, thx
QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

Hi all,

I've been trying to make my Mac OS X 10.4 working. The problem is that I installed a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.4 and after when I need to reboot the computer I got a problem. Even if I reinstall Mac OS X, I got the same screen. Look at my video and picture maybe it can help you guys to found out the problem. Thank you for helping me.
Frank

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N5wBe_d6e2s
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Merged crossposts

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Looks like a clammie ... That error you got falls within the Menu Manager Errors group of Mac Sys Errors.

The translation is this:

Quote:
-127 dsHMenuFindErr Couldn't find HMenu's parent in MenuKey
I'm way out of my depth here but still lookin' for clues ...

Have you reset the PMU? Unplug mains, take battery out, press the tiny button near the power button using a paperclip, wait 5 seconds, plug in mains again then replace battery.

QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Have you tried just typing 'reboot' (without the quotes) when you're taken to the black screen?

EDIT: I was talking about the first set of pictures you posted. No idea what's going on now.. Sorry.

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn__Dooley View Post
Looks like a clammie ... That error you got falls within the Menu Manager Errors group of Mac Sys Errors.

The translation is this:

I'm way out of my depth here but still lookin' for clues ...

Have you reset the PMU? Unplug mains, take battery out, press the tiny button near the power button using a paperclip, wait 5 seconds, plug in mains again then replace battery.

Where is the tiny button? I do not reset the PMU.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

QUOTE Thanks
frank358fr

Its not a iBook clamshell the problem, I have another problem. The computer is a Power Mac G4
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Will the computer boot from the DVD by holding down the C key while it's starting? If it does (and it takes a longer time to boot from the DVD), then you've at least isolated the problem to the system on the hard drive.

If it doesn't start from the DVD, it's more likely a computer hardware problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Macbook pro is beginning to get kind of sluggish. | how to disable sharing »