New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - airport using 95% cpu in activity monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ramacher

Ramacher is on a distinguished road

Ok, so this is the 3rd time this has happened. First of all i rarely restart my macbook on OSX 10.4.10, only restart when it needs to be, most of the time i slap it shut to put it to sleep.

So the last 3 times i restarted it, it'd boot up and the fan's would kick in at full speed.. i'd wait 10-15 min but they're still going at it. So i open up activity monitor and at the top of the list is "airport" which is varying around 95% cpu usage. I quit the process and the fans calm down and everything is back to to normal. I'm still connected to wifi and my BT is still working so i don't know what process of "airport" i'm killing.

Heres what it says under the open file and ports tab in the process details, hope some one knows what it means and can help out.
Code:
/
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources/airport
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUnicodeData-L.mapping
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFCharacterSetBitmaps.bitmap
/usr/lib/dyld
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
/usr/lib/libauto.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebServicesCore.framework/Versions/A/WebServicesCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
/usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRaw.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
/System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
*:*
apple.shm.notification_center
->0x3acc770
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First time , few hours into Mac... Few Basic doubts | Printer Setup Utility missing »