New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Help! Something screwy with my font...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pixeldamage

pixeldamage is on a distinguished road

Okay so I was downloading and installing fonts earlier for my Macbook Pro. I think I was clicking around too much when installing the fonts and now when I go to certain pages my text is in that font.

Observe:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4462/picture1cn0.png

Very annoying! I don't want Metallica font all over my stuff haha. I've tried everything but I'm pretty new to Mac. I can't find any helpful info at all. Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
doctor_shim

doctor_shim is on a distinguished road

I have this exact same problem. I'll create a thread about it too, hopefully we can get this resolved.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_shim View Post
I have this exact same problem. I'll create a thread about it too, hopefully we can get this resolved.
Is this system wide or just in Safari? If Safari open Preferences for Safari and the Appearance tab and see what the Font is set to. My Standard Font there is Times 16 and the Fixed Width is Courier 13.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Are you installing the fonts with FontBook

I would delete them from FontBook and use Linotype's Font Explorer to manage your extra fonts

Its free by the way and better suited to large font libraries.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Warning: You do NOT delete anything from FontBook!

Let's be careful with the advice we give in M-F.

Once installed, FontExplorer X takes over the fonts: you import the fonts using this app and you can build sets with it, ask it to look for font conflicts, duplicates, corrupted fonts, enable and disable fonts at will.

You could also run FontNuke to clear out the font cache thoroughly but if you really do run Leopard, I dunno if it is compatible. In Tiger it works flawlessly for me though.

And doctor_shim, read dtravis's post there are good pointers in there. Resetting Safari could also help in some cases.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I get my "End" key to work the way it should? | Backed up music won't restore after 10.5 Upgrade!!! »