Specs:
    2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
    Installing leopard on g4 powerbook
    Hi, I bought a Leopard family pack and am attempting to install it on my brothers powerbook g4 1.5ghz and when i put the disc in it just makes some noise and spits the disc back out? Any ideas?

Specs:
    MacBook
    That sounds like more of a hardware issue.
    Does the drive accept other discs?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
    I installed Leopard on my G4 powerbook 1.33ghz and everything went fine. No issues. I had the spitting out on my mac mini though. I eventually got it to go after a couple times...
    .Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
    MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
    My site: see profile

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    What DB said and also check your Leopard DVD and see if maybe it got some fingerprints from handling it that are affecting the DVD drive in the Powerbook from reading it. I would think a 1.5Ghz Power Book would have at least a Combo Drive that reads DVD's. Try other DVD's and CD's in the drive like was suggested.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    If the drive is really broken, you can also put the DVD in your Macbook's drive, connect the two via a firewire cable, put yours in Firewire target mode (Hold 'T' at startup) and he can install it off of your DVD drive.

Specs:
    2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
    I think i'm gonna try it in target mode, still having problems with it spitting out the leopard disc, but not others... Gonna try the target mode and then maybe bring it to an apple store just in case. Thanks everybody.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nick/chuck View Post
    I think i'm gonna try it in target mode, still having problems with it spitting out the leopard disc, but not others... Gonna try the target mode and then maybe bring it to an apple store just in case. Thanks everybody.
    Just remember to hold down the option key for quite a while on his machine until it recognizes your Macbook's DVD drive...

powerbook G4 17" s-video and leopard
    Quote Originally Posted by MACGIRL34 View Post
    I installed Leopard on my G4 powerbook 1.33ghz and everything went fine. No issues. I had the spitting out on my mac mini though. I eventually got it to go after a couple times...
    powerbook G4 17" 1 GHz: I also had to try a few times to get the DVD to boot; the option key at startup would probably help. The only problem I have found with Leopard is when using the s-video out to a TV monitor. The powerbook can't activate or correctly auto detect the external monitor on the fly. Having the s-video connected at boot time does work, but zapping pram didn't fix the problem.

Thread Information