New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Serious Leopard Data loss Bug when transferring files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...bug-in-leopard

Looks like it could be an issue with network data transfers.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

A MacInTouch report on this as well, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard: Finder Data Loss Bug.

A big heads up for you Leopard users out there.
QUOTE Thanks
jc1350

jc1350 will become famous soon enough

According to http://tomkarpik.com/articles/massiv...ug-in-leopard/ this bug has been around since Panther and it doesn't matter what the type of destination (USB, network, firewire, etc) is.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1350 View Post
According to http://tomkarpik.com/articles/massiv...ug-in-leopard/ this bug has been around since Panther and it doesn't matter what the type of destination (USB, network, firewire, etc) is.
Well if that's true, it's about time they fixed it. However it doesn't appear to be.

Quote:
The issue is reproducible, but does not occur under the same conditions in OS X 10.4 Tiger or when the same files are moved in OS X 10.5 via the terminal.
From my original link.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Holy moly! I don't want to have to use Terminal just to move files! *Flips her wig*
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Sometime this evening I am going to run some tests and see if I can get it to happen here. Going to run the same tests on Tiger. Will report back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I Erase Leopard Without Losing XP? | Using Apple's Dock Stack as a mediocre launcher »