New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - application launch error message

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

husky123

husky123 is an unknown at this point

After installing Leopard I keep getting this error message when I boot up.

Once I click ok everything runs fine but it's just annoying. Does anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Lee
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

System Preferences - Accounts - Login Items

Looks like a part of the HP apps that is loading at startup. Remove it from your login items.

Some of the functions for HP printers are'nt working under Leopard at this time. They are working on updated drivers.

Keep a tab on HP's site.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

Thanks. I don't have any items being logged in though. Still trying....anyone...
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

Nope the above didn't work either. Darn.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That is a part of the HP Photosmart print driver.

The only things I can suggest at this time:
If you did an upgrade install - try removing and re-installing the HP drivers.
If you did a clean install of Leopard and then installed the HP drivers, keep tabs on HP's site. They are working on upgrading the drivers for Leopard. Many of their driver pages are already showing a driver for 10.5 with an expected release date of Nov.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

OK I'll try to do that...one stupid question though is how? Go to printers/drivers and throw away? Then how do I reinstall just the hp driver? Thanks for hanging with me on this.

Lee
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Don't throw anything away husky123, just relocate the file to the desktop and test out to see if the error still appears. Then it's safe to delete the file, but not before you run the test otherwise that file may be needed back where you took it from.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

I can't even find the folder that contains the driver that's how lost I am. My brain hurts. I'll try it again tomorrow.

I did an upgrade and install BTW.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

Still can't get rid of it! What in the world from hp at login could be trying to open or connect? This is beginning to drive me CRAZY!
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Have a look in Activity Monitor for a process with HP in its name and quit it. Then do the spotlight search for anything on your HD with HP and very carefully examine each item in the results list. Right-click on an entry and choose "Reveal In Finder" to see where they are on your HD and even Command + Click on the Folder Title in the menubar to reveal the drop down hierarchy of folders that is the path to that file ...

move anything you suspect is connected to HP to your Trash but don't delete it yet.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

Still got this darn message! I cannot get rid of it. I've spotlighted everything that says HP. Frustrating. Little bumpity.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard Dock | Leopard is great, but needs updates... right? »