New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Cheeky Apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

steaconway

steaconway is on a distinguished road

Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this. I couldnt find a post but....
When you connect to a PC network, the icon in coverflow shows a screen with the blue screen of death. Quite funny really.

Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (352.1 KB, 69 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Xer

Xer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

LOL yeah I noticed that one, it blew my head up lol
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

That's freakin' hilarious!! Just showed it to my brother... As he just happens to be sitting at his PC.

No worries though... He's looking at buying a MBP very soon!

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
steaconway

steaconway is on a distinguished road

ha ha thanks. Didn't know whether to post it as thought someone would have spotted it :-D
QUOTE Thanks
gilesjuk

gilesjuk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steaconway View Post
Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this. I couldnt find a post but....
When you connect to a PC network, the icon in coverflow shows a screen with the blue screen of death. Quite funny really.

It is cheeky given all the problems with new iMacs locking up.

I've had about 3 crashes with Leopard so far, so their superiority complex is unfounded.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

hahaha

You would not connect too many PCs to your Mac.

QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Haha, yeah this was posted before but it's still funny =P

Didn't see that one, novicew... that's funny too XD

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

It's funny and all and gives me a laugh, but with a good computer that has no hardware issues, XP is very stable. I went 2 years on a P4 2.53Ghz with 1GB RAM with XP Pro SP2 without one OS lock or blue screen. The machine was on the internet 24 hours a day with at least 8 applications running. Never one blue screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

I think Microsoft got rid of the blue screen thing with XP... it does something else now doesn't it? =\

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
I think Microsoft got rid of the blue screen thing with XP... it does something else now doesn't it? =\
No, it looks a bit different but it's still a Blue Error screen with a bunch of numbers. I rarely ever see it here except with defective hardware.
QUOTE Thanks
jc1350

jc1350 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
You are thinking of the default behavior where an error that halts the OS (BSOD) causes the computer to auto-reboot. If I recall, you have turn that off to get the actual BSOD to appear. I reckon they chose to have the system auto-reboot since 99% that's what people do. Only techies know what info in a BSOD is important and how to track down the cause. Joe User just wants to get back to his game and email.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Are there any settings so I can change these things back to 10.4 style? | Reinstall Software »