New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.3.5 is out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

it just appeared in my Software Update, but unfortunately, I can't download 43MB here at home... only having a Modem
So I have to wait until tomorrow, to download it at work

Anybody installed it already?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I just about to post this. lol

Key enhancements include:

o Improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
o Improved reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment
o Updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
o Improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard/Mouse and Bluetooth phones
o Additional FireWire and USB device compatibility
o Improved font management
o Updated Mail and Image Capture applications
o Improved compatibility for third party applications
o Previous standalone security updates

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov

I'm waiting till more ppl test .... i mean download it, and see what they say.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

So far from a couple other forums it looks like it's a solid update, both the 10.3.5 update and the security update, so that is good news I will probably update tonight.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Update. There is a vulnerability in Safari again, and the two updates patch it.

This is a good update, noticing speed improvements.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

mine is only like 22.9 mb

I think that has to do with the previous security updates and what not..who knows..but mine isn't 44 mb

and I also have a security update.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Mine was 22.9 mb

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

I'm downloading it right now. Guess I should change my Mac's specs to the new OS, as should everyone who has downloaded this new OS X update.
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

they deffinently updated isync for the motorola v710! :cool: im going to my verizon store bright and early on wednesday to get one! :rolleyes:

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
MoltenLava

I've just finished updating my iBook to 10.3.5. Yeah, my computer does seem faster after reboot. I think the reason for that is either:

1. from the improved video driver for ATI Radeon.
2. rebooting helps restore to its original speed.

I think it's more likely to be 2. It's been about a month since I rebooted the last time. Which means OS X has steady resource leak which can be cured only by rebooting.. Whatever the reason is, I'm happy that my computer became more responsive. At least for today.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I updated my ox, and I am having no problems. I am not, however, noticing any speed difference...so I would agree that rebooting is the reason for any speed increase..I just happened to reboot the day before I got this update...before that I had about two weeks or so.
QUOTE Thanks
beret9987

beret9987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP

i put panther today on our school computer along with 10.3.5 and the rest of the updates we have missed. One word: FAST! Faster at least. My school was reading to chuck our 1Ghz iMac. Thank God.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

My dad has noticed the screen on his 1.33 GHz Superdrive is clearer and crisper. After running every task in OnyX, I am noticing major speed increases.
QUOTE Thanks
jwindhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
My dad has noticed the screen on his 1.33 GHz Superdrive is clearer and crisper. After running every task in OnyX, I am noticing major speed increases.
I havn't installed it here at home yet but i did install it at my Quicksilver machine at work. Everything went fine except it through my display resolution off on my second monitor? I did some research afterwards and found that i was not the only one who had that problem :confused:

ohwell - I plug my Powerbook here at home into a second monitor aswell. Wonder if it'll through that one out of wack too? :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Differentiating between compressed/uncompressed dmg's | Is this RAM usage normal? »