New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - two problems with leopard.....plzz help me solving them

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dr_coco

dr_coco is on a distinguished road

hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.(i already have a gmail account on mail but i want to add a hotmail account as well)

can u pllzzzzz tell me how to do that(provide me with the steps)?

second: whenever i send a file to the trash,i hear the voice that indicates that the file has been sent but actually its not.It remains undeleted.
i want to know why the files i delete does not go to trash???

thank u so much for ur time
QUOTE Thanks
naftalim

naftalim is on a distinguished road

I think you have to provide more detail so that people can try to help.

For example, on your second question, when you Click to Open Trash, do you see the files you deleted? Have you done an Empty Trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_coco View Post
hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.

second: whenever i send a file to the trash,i hear the voice that indicates that the file has been sent but actually its not.It remains undeleted.And i cant empty the trash from the files i had before. Y is that???????

thank u so much for ur time
QUOTE Thanks
gazman

gazman is on a distinguished road

hotmail doesnt seem to work with the latest safari...download firefox and use that for hotmail
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman View Post
hotmail doesnt seem to work with the latest safari...download firefox and use that for hotmail
That's not what he/she is talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_coco View Post
hi there,
first: i tried hard to add a hotmail account to my mail in leopard but its not working.(i already have a gmail account on mail but i want to add a hotmail account as well)

With Hotmail you have to pay for POP3 access. If you don't pay for it then you can not add it to Mail. Pllzzzzz search the boards a bit for more information if you need it.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Well hotmail works just fine with the latest version of Safari.

Hotmail itself does not work with any mail program including Outlook Express unless you have an older grandfathered account (which mine is) or you pay for Hotmail Plus (or whatever they're calling it now) without work arounds.

If you have one of these two types of hotmail accounts, you can use an app called httpmail. This is basically a plugin for mail. The developer is still working on it's Leopard compatibility, but it is working. I use it, and best of all, it's freeware. I have a link for the latest version in this thread, post #67. This is a great thread to subscribe to. You have many members posting their new finds of Leopard compatible software there.

Need more info on your second issue. From where and exactly how are you moving files to the trash.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« just got an old g3 imac for web browsing | I wanna change my dock »