New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Will leopard fit on my emac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bellastrada

bellastrada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb

OK you experts... do you thonk that Leopard will fit and have a good «running» on my emac with the specs list below?

eMac 1.25 GHz / 768 MB SDRAM / superdrive / OSTiger 10.4.10 / isight

:cool: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn’t suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners... !

www.icompositions.com/artists/avanos68
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You can answer that for your self at the appropriate Apple page. If your eMac is a G4, then given what you have said, it meets the requirements. Read those details.

Note that that page claims you need 9GB, but a clean full install took 14.15GB on my laptop. I installed all languages and printer drivers. Only loading what you need will get you down to that 9GB I think.

Also note certain features such has special effects for video iChat either won't be there or will be limited due to your video system.
QUOTE Thanks
MACGIRL34

MACGIRL34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

Your specs are as high or higher in part than my 1.25 ghz/512/IMacg4...and Leopard is running just fine on it...

.Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
My site: see profile
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I've run Leopard on my tower and it seems fine. Even with the original OEM card. The better ATI card I have in it now allows me to use some of the special effects for iChat. My MBP Intel laptop gives me all of the special effects for iChat.

You really should get more RAM tough. 512MB doesn't cut it although I'm sure it will work, performance will be degraded. Upgrade to at least 1GB and more if you can afford it and the box can accept it.
QUOTE Thanks
cavalier

cavalier is on a distinguished road

I know you asked two months ago, but I thought I'd chime in as I have a very similar setup to yours - the only difference is that I don't have an iSight camera, and I do have a full Gig of RAM.

Leopard has been just fine on my system, though I was not able to do an upgrade - I had to do an archive and install setup. It was easy enough to get my configuration set back up and everything has been both hunky and dory with it since then. I even bought iLife 08 and installed it, and it's been quite smooth as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Date and Time Control Panel | OS X Leopard Question »