Specs:
    See Signature
    Unhappy Airport and Leopard
    I'm having a problem with Leopard recognizing different wireless networks. I did a clean install of Leopard (I had a problem of my hd being Apple partition type instead of guid) To me at least that seems to make it a driver conflict with tiger drivers unlikely.... In other scanners like apgrapher and coconutwifi it clearly shows that there are other networks available. Yet under the airport icon beside my battery and sound indicators it shows that airport is on, give me an option of turning airport off and the where the list of available networks should be it only lists my current network. Clicking n join other networks and then show networks it scans fer about 2 seconds and theres no networks listed. Anyone have any ideas about this??

Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
    Several people have been trying this:
    ****QUOTE*** check if the AppleAirPort2.kext is still present in your /System/Library/Extensions folder? It is an older Tiger-only AirPort driver that is no longer used on Leopard. You can simply delete it, or move it aside by changing the extension to something besides .kext. See if that fixes your problem. ****END QUOTE***
    http://discussions.apple.com/message...661752#5661752
    .Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
    MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
    My site: see profile

Specs:
    See Signature
    Its not there. And i said i did a clean install too. so that would rule out anything but Leopard drivers....

Specs:
    See Signature
    Now I see if i turn airport off and then back on for a brief moment it shows all my networks, but only briefly.

Specs:
    See Signature
    What if I were to delete all my settings... that might help i think... anyone know how to empty all the caches related to the airport and maybe keychains too?

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    As I posted elewhere, this has been happening to me since sometime around 10.3. It aLWAYS finds my network though, just not the other 6 out there.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
    If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only having those issues.
    -- Unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core2Duo Penryn, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400M & GeForce 9600M GT w/ 256 MB) --
    -- 8 GB iPhone 3G -- 30 GB iPod Video --

Specs:
    IMac G5 1.8 Ghz 1.5GB RAM
    it may be because of the software update to your airport(s) from 7.1.1 to 7.1.3, the same problem happened for me so i just reverted back to 7.1.1

hope that helps

Specs:
    See Signature
    When i say airport i dint mea airport base station. I mean the airport express inside my macbook... i use a linksys router w54gt i thing, but after i Did a clean install, i could see all the networks. After i put in the password for my network and told it to be saved in the keychain and also used backup to add my dettings etc is when the problem started....again lol

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
    For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue. Coconutwifi can see all surrounding wireless networks, including mine, while the Apple Airport menu can only see my own.

Also weird, I've discovered that since the upgrade, my MBP is no longer able to get onto my campus' wifi network. It can connect, but I can't get beyond the password authentication page. All this, yet I can still connect just fine to my own personal wifi router.

Weird, buggy stuff.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
    I'm having the campus wireless problem also. They said their WPA simply doesn't work with Leopard.
    -- Unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core2Duo Penryn, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400M & GeForce 9600M GT w/ 256 MB) --
    -- 8 GB iPhone 3G -- 30 GB iPod Video --

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
    Weird thing for us here is that there are some folks for whom it works fine. The wireless print server doesn't seem to work for anyone, but my boss at the library (a former Apple Genius, actually) can connect to the wifi fine with his Powerbook and Leopard. Really odd that it's erratic like that.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, MacBookG4, and iMacG5
    Same here with campus wifi
    My son cannot access his campus wifi since the upgrade (on his iMac G5). I've had my MacBook Pro right beside his and get full strength. Prior to the upgrade, he had full strength. (BTW, he can see 7 other non-campus routers with Leopard.)

My older PowerBookG4 suffers the same problem.

Thread Information