New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Where's the Downloads folder located?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I accidentally pulled my downloads stack off my Dock and it won't come back even if I download something. I was able to find the folder via Spotlight, but I can't tell where it is. I thought I could right click on the selection in Spotlight to get the folder it's in or the path, but that's not working.

So, if someone could tell me where it's actually located and how to get a file path from spotlight, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: I found the "show path" option in Finder view menu. But, does anyone know if I can have my downloaded files go somewhere else in Leopard like back to the desktop?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Users/Username/Downloads.

If you are talking downloads in Safari, just open preferences and the main page you can tell it where to save.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

thanks

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Also if you access spotlight with Cmd+F you'll see the path to the search results at the bottom of the window.
QUOTE Thanks
scifone

scifone is on a distinguished road

if you command+click on the item in spotlight it will open a finder window with the folder that contains the item you searched for in spotlight.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Choppy dock magnification | Fresh install? »