New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Why I Love Time Machine...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

If you read my other thread (Please help! I think I killed my iMac!) you'll see I had some issues trying to set up Bootcamp. Somehow, my whole HD got wiped when I was formatting my Windows partition.

Thanks to the help from this forum, I was able to reformat and reinstall Leopard to get my iMac up and running. Once I got Leopard going, I decided to see just how good Time Machine really was.

I had setup Time Machine after I first got Leopard installed on Saturday morning. I have to say I was impressed at how easy it was to get it started. After my HD was wiped, or what I'll refer to as, the "incident", and I got Leopard running again, it asks if you want to copy files over from an external disk or restore from Time Machine. So I selected the restore option and chose the latest backup.

After all the files copied over, in I went, and low and behold, everything is there! And I mean everything (that I can tell anyway)! All applications, documents, settings...everything. You can't even tell I just reformatted the disk.

I have to say, as a relatively new switcher, this just reinforces my belief that getting a Mac was the right thing to do. The whole experience (minus the "incident") has been great.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone here who helped me keep my whits while I got things back together. Your help is much appreciated.

Sean
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« n00b question - run alias in terminal | Search Imac for all pdf's - how? »