New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Cost of the Upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Corrosive

Corrosive is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Retina

Ok so I was part of the crowd that waited in line for Lep and I kinda now feel screwed. I just found out that if you bought your computer within a year then you can get the upgrade for $9. I did not know about this and actually shelled out full price for it; they would not let me use my student discount in the store either. Is there any way that I can recoup my losses, or did I just basically jump the gun way too quick and am not stuck w/ the cost. I usually wait for things and here I go... venture out and get stuck w/ the bill. Let me know what you guys thing
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Its not one year, it was within a 1 month period. If you bought your mac since October 1st 2007, you can get a free upgrade disc.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

that sucks man...
next time remember to look before you leap
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Corrosive

Oh... Ok my buddy told me a year... I feel a bit better now.

Loosing my student discount is a lot less significant than almost 130
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

The student discount policy in Apple stores isn't new, but its not very well known. Students only get discounts on hardware at the Apple stores, to get the student discount on software, you have to buy it on the Apple.com store.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
meatus

meatus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen

I've noticed some people posting comments about getting the upgrade disk for computers bought after 1/10/2007. They're outside the US and use the dd/mm/yyyy format instead of the mm/dd/yyyy format we're used to. I bet your buddy saw one of those posts or articles.
QUOTE Thanks
Corrosive

I found that out the hard way stretch, but its all good. I like being able to say I picked it up the day it launched... actually about 7 minutes after (in line for 40 mins).

Student discount rocks though... I usually get everything w/ it
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
I found that out the hard way stretch, but its all good. I like being able to say I picked it up the day it launched... actually about 7 minutes after (in line for 40 mins).

Student discount rocks though... I usually get everything w/ it
Braggin' rights ain't cheap. Glad you didn't really lose much.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
barkertodd

barkertodd is on a distinguished road

FYI for anyone with access to a corporate partner "employee" discount (not apple employee discount), make sure tell them at the store at time of purchase. Mine worked which was extremely nice on a Leopard Family pack (received 17% off). YMMV so fair warning
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Create your own OSX Mail stationery in Leopard! | Can I use my macbook to talk on my mobile phone? »