Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Mar 11, 2007
    Posts
    5
    Unhappy want to go back to tiger
    i'm trying to like it but there are just too many glitches for me to carry on with leopard

    corporate wireless not working 802.1x
    itunes crashing notstarting
    safari crashing
    no pgp plugin

    i did an inplace upgrade is it possible to do an inplace downgrade to save me the hassle of backing up and restoring my files and settings?

    I'll go back to leopard when these things are fixed

  2. #2

    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    I don't like it either but I don't believe there is a way to do a inplace downgrade... if you want to go back to Tiger, you are going to have to back up your information and do a clean install.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  3. #3

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,840
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    i'm trying to like it but there are just too many glitches for me to carry on with leopard

    corporate wireless not working 802.1x
    itunes crashing notstarting
    safari crashing
    no pgp plugin

    i did an inplace upgrade is it possible to do an inplace downgrade to save me the hassle of backing up and restoring my files and settings?

    I'll go back to leopard when these things are fixed
    You'll need to restore your system using the backup you made before you upgraded (you did make a backup, didn't you?). Otherwise, my only recommendation would be to do a Time Machine backup now, and then do a clean install and import your applications, documents and settings from the backup using the Migration Assistant post-install.

    My guess is that you'll find many of these things work fine with a clean install (they do for me - aside from the PGP plug-in).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  4. #4

    rman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    12,584
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I don't time you can use time machine with tiger or can you?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Jun 22, 2007
    Posts
    58
    Specs:
    macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard
    partion your drive. instal tiger. transfer files. delete leopard. restor partion.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Jun 26, 2005
    Location
    Lancashire UK
    Posts
    454
    Specs:
    MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
    I must admit, I am finding it frustrating - I get the impression that Leopard was still a good month or 2 off being ready for a realease (even with minor bugs still to be worked out).

    I know that first release of software will always be a bumpy ride but blue screen of death, the os crashing daily and all the other problems that have been mentioned on these forums - it just doesn't work at the moment.

    Not having the support on the tech lines (50 mins wait someone reported on here) smacks of "lets not lose face and put leopard out there in October as promised" We will fire fight the problems.

    Sorry for my words of negativity but I have accepted that Leopard will take a few months the get anywhere near where I expected it to be on the day of release.
    Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone

  7. #7

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,840
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by homer_j View Post
    I must admit, I am finding it frustrating - I get the impression that Leopard was still a good month or 2 off being ready for a realease (even with minor bugs still to be worked out).

    I know that first release of software will always be a bumpy ride but blue screen of death, the os crashing daily and all the other problems that have been mentioned on these forums - it just doesn't work at the moment.

    Not having the support on the tech lines (50 mins wait someone reported on here) smacks of "lets not lose face and put leopard out there in October as promised" We will fire fight the problems.

    Sorry for my words of negativity but I have accepted that Leopard will take a few months the get anywhere near where I expected it to be on the day of release.

    I am having none of the problems you speak of and I installed it within 2 hours of its delivery and have been using it constantly ever since. Not a single hiccup.

    I think much of the issues people are having with stability and the "blue screen" are related to Application Enhancers ("haxies") and other third party software. I have heard no one who's done a clean install having these kinds of problems.

    Let's be honest here, there's only so much beta testing you can do before you release a product. You can't possibly test every single possible configuration scenario out there - especially third party hacks that circumvent the OS, like AE does.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Jun 26, 2005
    Location
    Lancashire UK
    Posts
    454
    Specs:
    MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
    I see what you are saying and I am getting my problems after a clean install - ok the blue screen wasn't but the crashing was.

    I would be interested in seeing what application enhancers I have installed that could be doing it as I will gladly look to remove. Everything I use - ichat, safari, msn. I use parallels and some apps on there for my job but nothing that I would see effecting leopard. Parallels should be stable.

    I still think it would have been better hanging on a little while to ensure that the blue screen but I accept its almost impossible to cover all configurations.
    Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone

  9. #9

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,840
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by homer_j View Post
    I see what you are saying and I am getting my problems after a clean install - ok the blue screen wasn't but the crashing was.

    I would be interested in seeing what application enhancers I have installed that could be doing it as I will gladly look to remove. Everything I use - ichat, safari, msn. I use parallels and some apps on there for my job but nothing that I would see effecting leopard. Parallels should be stable.

    I still think it would have been better hanging on a little while to ensure that the blue screen but I accept its almost impossible to cover all configurations.
    When you open your System Preferences, do you see an applet for "Application Enhancer"? If so, you'll need to uninstall that - it's not Leopard compatible and has been known to cause the blue screen problem during install.

    In addition, try this application to get all of your other applications up to date (many companies have released Leopard-compatible updates and this program will sniff them out, download and install them for you).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Jun 26, 2005
    Location
    Lancashire UK
    Posts
    454
    Specs:
    MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
    I have growl in the "other" panel in prefs. I have used the app fresh that you suggested and updated growl and thats it... Just crashed again for 2nd time today before doing it..
    Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone

  11. #11

    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,764
    Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    I am having no issues with Leopard so far at all with a Intel Mini Core Duo. Not one issue so far. No Application crashes either.

    If you really want to go back to Tiger, Backup everything you need to an external or Burn DVD's and put in your Tiger DVD in the drive and hold down C after the startup sound. Only way I know of.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Format back to Tiger
    By Woodsie in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
  2. Anyone going back to Tiger?
    By mknabster in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 10:26 AM
  3. Anyone going back to Tiger?
    By mknabster in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:36 PM
  4. Want to go back to Tiger, but can't
    By southwos in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 01:18 AM
  5. Going back to Tiger
    By Noxian in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •