Thread: Leopard again

Leopard again
    Oh boy. I think I'm in over my head. I just got Leopard and tried to install. When I inserted the disk it said it couldn't install on my volume. I had to partition with GUID. So I backed everything up using CCC. And did as instructed. Installed Leopard no problem but I can't get my setting back, bookmarks, pictures in iPhoto, email subfolders, etc.

Now I did erase my hard drive when I restored and partitioned it but had a full backup on my external. I used Migration Assistant and it pulled over documents and such but I thought it'd pull everything over? Now I'm at the point I don't know what I've brought back over and what I haven't. This sucks and I'm a tard!

Can someone save me from this?! I'd owe you big time. I just want all my bookmarks, address book, settings etc. to come back. How do I do that with my bootable copy that I made with CCC? Thanks for any help.

Lee in Leesburg

Specs:
    MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
    when you created a clone disk did you select the option to make a bootable copy.

I think I did?

After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by husky123 View Post
    After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.
    I back it all up on an external drive, then drag it all back after the install.

I dragged my iTunes library back...it's fine. But my photos won't import into iPhoto. I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. I just thought that the Migration Assistant would put everything back but it hasn't as far as I know. I might just not be looking in the right place?

Thread Information