New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard again

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

husky123

husky123 is an unknown at this point

Oh boy. I think I'm in over my head. I just got Leopard and tried to install. When I inserted the disk it said it couldn't install on my volume. I had to partition with GUID. So I backed everything up using CCC. And did as instructed. Installed Leopard no problem but I can't get my setting back, bookmarks, pictures in iPhoto, email subfolders, etc.

Now I did erase my hard drive when I restored and partitioned it but had a full backup on my external. I used Migration Assistant and it pulled over documents and such but I thought it'd pull everything over? Now I'm at the point I don't know what I've brought back over and what I haven't. This sucks and I'm a tard!

Can someone save me from this?! I'd owe you big time. I just want all my bookmarks, address book, settings etc. to come back. How do I do that with my bootable copy that I made with CCC? Thanks for any help.

Lee in Leesburg
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

when you created a clone disk did you select the option to make a bootable copy.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

I think I did?
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.
QUOTE Thanks
Vodevil

Vodevil is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123 View Post
After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.
I back it all up on an external drive, then drag it all back after the install.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

I dragged my iTunes library back...it's fine. But my photos won't import into iPhoto. I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. I just thought that the Migration Assistant would put everything back but it hasn't as far as I know. I might just not be looking in the right place?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printers gone | Stacks Application Folder »