New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard 10.5 Rainbow Glass Dock Kit

Thread Closed

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstydv View Post
fwiw it's "OBnoxious", and I can't see anyone but you complaining. You're the only one who DIDN'T thank me, after all that fuss. Love the irony lol.
To be honest, it was a bit crass.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
Thundermoon1994

Thundermoon1994 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB

Well, it is kinda silly to ask for thanks.

-- Unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core2Duo Penryn, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400M & GeForce 9600M GT w/ 256 MB) --
-- 8 GB iPhone 3G -- 30 GB iPod Video --
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Wow, only 3 days and already mods are coming out!

Can't wait for cleardock again, though.
I was thinking the same thing but the new dock is growing on me. I think I may forgo clear dock if/when it is updated.

Thundermoon1994

Thundermoon1994 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB

Can anyone please tell me how to edit those files to change the colors?

-- Unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core2Duo Penryn, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400M & GeForce 9600M GT w/ 256 MB) --
-- 8 GB iPhone 3G -- 30 GB iPod Video --
hotskate

hotskate has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD

i messed up with copying and pasting the files over now my dock is like kind of clear lol
DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters has a spectacular aura about

Nice work!!

The Dock is beautiful ...and so is your pic

"Death to Toasters" - John Connor

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundermoon1994 View Post
Well, it is kinda silly to ask for thanks.
You were already told. You need a graphics program that will open them (something like Photoshop or Graphic Converter) and then you need some skill in that program to manipulate them. This isn't a step by step thing, you need to learn how to use the graphics program.

giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Quote:
fwiw it's "OBnoxious", and I can't see anyone but you complaining. You're the only one who DIDN'T thank me, after all that fuss. Love the irony lol.
I don't think irony at all.

I'm the only one who 'spoke up' at first, yes. It's an open forum and I gave my opinion of your delivery.

I think your hack is awesome, though your presentation stinks. Who gives a presentation offering a gift then demands a thank-you at the end haha ?

No one MUST thank you. Those who appreciate it will, have, and will continue to. But to blatantly demand it? Perhaps obnoxious is the incorrect harsh word (and check your own grammar before throwing stones). Maybe arrogant... thinking everyone will love the hack but reserve praise because we're rude.

Your presentation of the hack ended with a assumption that we're rude people. I think it would be rude to assume so. That is irony.
hartrick

hartrick is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2.16 4gig 160GB

That is so cool. I love it. Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

it's pretty cool, but i'm more loving the idea that i can change the dock however i wish
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
It's nice work, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who contribute to the Mac community in some way, whether programming, writing help documents or just hanging around forums assisting newbies. Demanding thanks, even if it's with a hint of irony, kind of devalues that help.

I am sure that most decent people here would have heaped praise on you without the red text.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

mshale

mshale is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5

This is just a suggestion... but maybe you should edit your first post, and remove the "red thanks" text.

The mod looks wonderful, and I thank you for doing it! However, where I work has blocked rapidshare, plus, my mac is at home But I am excited to get home and try it now!
JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio View Post
I don't think irony at all.

I'm the only one who 'spoke up' at first, yes. It's an open forum and I gave my opinion of your delivery.

I think your hack is awesome, though your presentation stinks. Who gives a presentation offering a gift then demands a thank-you at the end haha ?

No one MUST thank you. Those who appreciate it will, have, and will continue to. But to blatantly demand it? Perhaps obnoxious is the incorrect harsh word (and check your own grammar before throwing stones). Maybe arrogant... thinking everyone will love the hack but reserve praise because we're rude.

Your presentation of the hack ended with a assumption that we're rude people. I think it would be rude to assume so. That is irony.
He's got a point...
MACGIRL34

MACGIRL34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshale View Post
This is just a suggestion... but maybe you should edit your first post, and remove the "red thanks" text.

The mod looks wonderful, and I thank you for doing it! However, where I work has blocked rapidshare, plus, my mac is at home But I am excited to get home and try it now!
I agree on the thanks issue,not that it matters ....Your mod to the doc is awesome and I surely appreciate it don't get me wrong as I reflected in an earlier post... However your request for thanks...

****But still appreciating your hard work and efforts to improve our Leopard experience****
Thanks again...

.Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
My site: see profile
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
It's dead easy to change

Here's the default one with the levels adjusted:

The contrast brings out the reflection and you can see the active app light much better.
LOVE the high contrast Dock idea, Alexis. THANK YOU - makes things so much more functional (and better looking IMO).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Error opening Time Machine from Dock and Finder but not System Preferences? | Mac goes mad - Leopard Woes and general fears »