MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ 2GB RAM
    Leopard, jittery dock? [Worth Upgrading?]
    I went to my Local Mac store today to check leopard and see weather its worth upgrading for my MacBook Pro and I noticed on nearly every mac they had on display, the dock was, slow, jittery and generally uncomfortable to use. Coverflow was real smooth so I'm not sure weather is some task that could be slowing it down. I forgot to check if spotlight was indexing so it could of been that.

Anyone here experiencing these issues with Leopard?

I'm a professional user rather than a general user with my Mac. I mainly use my Mac for Logic 8 (Music Production) and Web & Graphics design so thats The CS3 Suite. Will leopard help benefit me with these? It sure does look rather tasty lol.

imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
    I was at local apple store today also & didn't notice any difference in the dock, they had 2 imacs, 2 macbooks & a macbook pro on display & all seemed fine.

However I understand alot of people have experienced this I think it may be something to do with type of install you carry out.

I was talking to the guy at the apple store about something else & he mentioned they Clean installed on every machine so this maybe why it appeared fine it may not be the case with an upgrade install?

I get my copy tomorrow (hopefully), so I guess I'll find out then.

Cleveland, Ohio
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    No Dock issues for me here.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Kent, OH
    15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
    I had a jittery dock and was getting a lot of beach balls in general. I used Main Menu to manually rebuild the spotlight index and my problems seem to have gone away. *keeping fingers crossed*
    -- Unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Core2Duo Penryn, 250 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400M & GeForce 9600M GT w/ 256 MB) --
    -- 8 GB iPhone 3G -- 30 GB iPod Video --

London, UK
    MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
    I just upgraded and my Dock is fine, no problems at all.

I A&I on my G5 Power Mac on Fri. I found the dock slow, even after spotlight finished indexing & also slower bootup. After a day of using, and another go at A&I I decided to move back to my Tiger backup. Hopefully this can be sorted by an update and can give Leopard another go.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Have no speed issues with the dock either. Using it in the 3d mode, even with magnification set at max, can move back and forth across the dock as fast I can and the dock keeps up. No jitters or other issues. Note verified, but it seems like the delay for the dock to pop up when it is hidden takes just a little longer than with Tiger. But, I like this, as if I just accidentally hit the bottom of the screen it's not popping up on me.

Am liking Leopard a lot on my MBP and have no problem recommending it for the average home system. But as far as your use in a business setting, from what little I've seen, you may want to wait for some updates. For sure would recommend you research any possible issues with CS3, Logic and any others used in your business before you jump in on that machine. Time is money there.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

London U.K.
    24" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 750Gb HD, 4Gb Ram, OSX 10.5, 16Gb iPod Touch, JBL On Stage II.
    Upgraded to 10.5 on saturday morning and have found no problem with my dock so far.
    The software said Windows95 or better, so I got a Mac...

Thread Information