New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Images save to "downloads" ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

Usually in safari, when i would right click an image one of the options is 'save to desktop' which is exactly where i want it a lot of the time. Now the only option is 'save to downloads' which is a stack in the dock, and you have to filter through finder to get to it (I am usually uploading to photobucket or something from the desktop)

but when I download, say a picture from an IM or a movie from Apple.com, It goes to the desktop!?

wtheck!

bothersome.

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent View Post
Usually in safari, when i would right click an image one of the options is 'save to desktop' which is exactly where i want it a lot of the time. Now the only option is 'save to downloads' which is a stack in the dock, and you have to filter through finder to get to it (I am usually uploading to photobucket or something from the desktop)

but when I download, say a picture from an IM or a movie from Apple.com, It goes to the desktop!?

wtheck!

bothersome.
Have you looked in Safari Preferences to see if there is a Save Location that can be changed?
QUOTE Thanks
relapse

relapse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb

I don't get why you have to filter through finder to get to it... If you click on an image and save it to the downloads folder, all you should have to do is click on the "downloads" stack on the dock and you should see it there.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Go to Safari preferences and just change the default downloads folder.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent View Post
Usually in safari, when i would right click an image one of the options is 'save to desktop' which is exactly where i want it a lot of the time.
I feel like I'm possibly missing something but what I love about Mac OS & Safari is that I don't need to right-click the image and select a save to location .... you can just drag it from the browser window straight onto the desktop ....

hey, I wonder if Safari on my PC can do that too ....
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn_?_Dooley View Post
I feel like I'm possibly missing something but what I love about Mac OS & Safari is that I don't need to right-click the image and select a save to location .... you can just drag it from the browser window straight onto the desktop ....

It works on Windows but does not look at nice when you drag, at least on the PC's I have tried it on. I have used that method you use for years but don't always mention it as some have gotten all confused in the past!
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapse View Post
I don't get why you have to filter through finder to get to it... If you click on an image and save it to the downloads folder, all you should have to do is click on the "downloads" stack on the dock and you should see it there.
because when I am using it to upload to photobucket and you click 'browse' you have to find it through finder, and it the path is longer than just clicking on desktop on the side bar.

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn__Dooley View Post

wow...... I didnt know you could that. It works with every image? That is perfect. Thanks haha...

Going into the preferences and changing the save location works as well.

thank you for your help, its always much more simple than I think! silly apple.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

LoL, I almost wasn't going to jump in as I thought for sure I'd mis-read your post and you really wanted something quite the opposite to my conception. I'm so glad I did though
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Even another option for uploading, in finder, you can drag and drop the Downloads folder onto the side bar and you're back to one click access again.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Insane feature omissions! No "Size"!!!! | Small gripe - Front Row »