New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Question About 10.4.10 Combo Update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

I recently did a clean install of the OS and used the 10.4.10 update. Does this include the superdrive 2.1 update as well? When I do a software update it says I am fine. Just wondering.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Have a look in the following:

Macintosh HD ~> Library ~> Receipts

Look for the SuperDriveFWUpdate.pkg. If you perform a Get Info on this file, you will see the version number.

Did you specifically want that update? I think Apple removed it as it was causing some issues with portables and I see you have a MacBook ....

You can still get it at Version Tracker but it has a warning attached:

A couple of warnings before you apply the update
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

The SuperDrive update is a firmware update...it updates the drive itself, not the OS. Once you've updated a drive, it's done. It does not need to be re-applied when you update the software.
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
The SuperDrive update is a firmware update...it updates the drive itself, not the OS. Once you've updated a drive, it's done. It does not need to be re-applied when you update the software.
I don't see it in the library, my superdrive is working fine and I updated it when that update came out originally. I'm guessing it would be best to leave things as is?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Maybe the Firmware update still lives on your MB but as you reinstalled the OS, that's why the .pkg isn't in the Library? Just an afterthought ...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Script help | Are you going to buy Leopard? »