New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - Takes a long time to make start up chime

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

This issue started just this morning. When I turn my macbook on, the front light comes on as it always does at startup. Instead of immediately turning off so that the screen can come on along with the start up chime, the light remains on for about 10-15 seconds. It just seems very delayed.

Last night my power adapter seemed to puff up and burn in one section, thereby disabling it, I don't think that the issues are connected though.

Too bad I'm out of warranty, that adapter that I just ordered isn't cheap
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Mine does that occasionally after a significant update. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Does it do it every time, or just the once?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

It's done it the past few times. The last time it actually didn't, so maybe everything is ok.

Has anyone else had the other problem? The area of the cable just off of the magsafe connector puffed up, turned kind of brown, and a hole burned through. What bad timing, if I was home I could have just driven to Best Buy and gotten another one 15 minutes after it happened. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of this desert in California waiting for Apple to expensively ship it to me during a holiday. Sigh.

Happy Columbus Day to everyone though!
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

My iMac has done it, my PowerBook has done it, and my MacBook has done it. Weird.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Emergency problem | Leopard »