Thread: Need Help with OnyX
09-19-2007, 10:37 AM #1
Need Help with OnyX
- Member Since
- Apr 16, 2007
- Redwood City, CA / Stanford, CA
- MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I was getting ready to run OnyX on my MacBook just to clean things up a bit. But then when I selected it out of the Applications folder I got this message...
Now that confused me, because as per my OS X its at 10.4.10
So far I tried to Uninstall OnyX and re-install it, but to no avail!
Not sure what is going on.
Thanks in advance for your help.
09-19-2007, 11:28 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jun 21, 2007
I am using OnyX with OS 10.4.10 without problems. Try this:
1) Go back to the OnyX download and use the Uninstall application to clean the files from your system.
2) Use Spotlight to search for anything containing the name OnyX that is still on your Mac. Delete all of these items.
3) Repair permissions.
4) Download the latest version of OnyX (1.8.3) and install it in Safe Mode (press Shift during startup). Note that Safe Mode startup will take considerably longer than normal, so don't panic when this happens (apparently a lot of file-checking is going on).
6) Repair permissions again.
Not sure how to proceed if OnyX still won't work for you.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ClarkeFace in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
By macstarter in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
By TomWilliams in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
By guacamole in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-02-2008, 06:40 PM
By Angelojoseph17 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2007, 06:06 AM