Leopard Question

Leopard Question
    Hello all. I just bought a mini-mac about 1.5 months ago. It's got a gig ram, super drive, 80 gig hd, and dual 1.83 core processors. I bought it when tiger came out, and really want to stay current, so I'm considering getting Leopard when it is available.

I should make this clear but I grew up on Windows 3.1 all the way to XP and finally went with a mac. I know when you buy Microsoft's upgrade operating system from say, 2000 -> XP, it doesn't run as fast it could because usually Windows runs better after a fresh format. Does mac have this same problem where I'd get better performance out of my machine from formatting it then install leopard?

Also is there any discount to people who bought a mac within X amount of days of the Leopard release. I heard in article they were tossing this around. Thanks guys.

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
    I actually haven't heard anything about a price consideration/rebate for Newer owners My iMac is only two weeks old (the new look) and While i was slightly disapointed Leopard wasn't available on them yet, it wasnt a huge deal.

As for formatting and installing leopard if you want a fresh start that's probably the way to do it, this ensures you're starting with a clean slate. Other than that I don't think leaving your current install on prior to installing Leopard will really impact the performance
    I Only Let my iMac do the fun, important stuff like Videos, Pictures & Music. My Laptop does the boring stupid stuff like pie-charts, word documents, and spreadsheets. I Love my iMac!

Leopard Question

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    I've seen some Panther to Tiger upgrades go seamlessly with no performance drop. But in my case I will do a fresh install cause I did some 'questionable' stuff during my early mac days. Still runs without a hiccup a year and a half later....

You should be fine with "upgrade".

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Selecting 'archive and install' or 'erase and install' will install a fresh copy of Leopard onto your machine, with neither option seeing any slowdown or problems after installation.

No need to format.

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    13.3" MacBook Black
    I am too going to buy Leopard, I have iLife installed on my Mac. When i install Leopard as I will do the erase and install option, won't I loose it?

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by MBNick View Post
    I am too going to buy Leopard, I have iLife installed on my Mac. When i install Leopard as I will do the erase and install option, won't I loose it?
    If you do an erase and install, on the applications that come with the OS will be installed. So you will have to re-install iLife and any other applications you installed.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Leopard Question

How many ram slots does the mini mac have?

Leopard Question

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Two. Just as the iMac, macbook and macbook pro...

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
    i also plan to get leopard and do a fresh install. just to make sure, can i reinstall ilife and the other apps from my macbooks tiger disc onto the leopard install?

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrb599 View Post
    Hello all. I just bought a mini-mac about 1.5 months ago. It's got a gig ram, super drive, 80 gig hd, and dual 1.83 core processors. I bought it when tiger came out, and really want to stay current, so I'm considering getting Leopard when it is available.

I should make this clear but I grew up on Windows 3.1 all the way to XP and finally went with a mac. I know when you buy Microsoft's upgrade operating system from say, 2000 -> XP, it doesn't run as fast it could because usually Windows runs better after a fresh format. Does mac have this same problem where I'd get better performance out of my machine from formatting it then install leopard?

Also is there any discount to people who bought a mac within X amount of days of the Leopard release. I heard in article they were tossing this around. Thanks guys.
    I have TIGER running on all 5 of my macs from an emac 700 mhz to a mac mini 1.83 ghz with no problems. I have yet to notice the difference. I know many would beg to differ but just for myself and being a former windows user...apple kicks butt in the upgrade dept...No problems at all for mine.
    .Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
    MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
    My site: see profile

Leopard Question
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrb599 View Post
    Traditionally it has been 30 days, at least for all previous OSX updates.

Thread Information