New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.3 - How to Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Reader?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timemachinist

timemachinist is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac with 1.25 GHz Power PC G4 processor, 1 GB DDR SDRAM, running OS X v 10.3.9

How do I get Adobe Reader to work again on my eMac? How do I uninstall and reinstall programs like Adobe?

I was having trouble with it some months ago so I trashed the folder with Adobe in it and downloaded a new version of the free reader. Sometimes I can read a pdf document but whenever I'm at any State of Connecticut website where I click something like this:

http://atb.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsup...renInfoPkt.pdf

I get a window asking me to pick an Adobe Reader from my Applications folder and when I click the Reader the Safari window for that link just stays blank.

How do I uninstall this malfunctioning Adobe Reader properly and then will I be able to reinstall a new download of a free Adobe Reader in a way that will work properly again?

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 and using Safari 1.3.2. Thanks for any advice, I'm the only one I know with a Mac so I've got no friends to ask. I'm pretty lo-tech but finally joined this forum so I can solve this problem and maybe stick around and start to learn more about my computer, eventually I'll be asking you guys for advice on building a web page too but right now I just want my dobe Reader to read pdf links. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
abangbear

abangbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" PowerBook G4 80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express

I was searching for any downloads for Adobe Reader 7, because my mom's iBook G4 has Panther 10.3.9. I never realized how difficult it is to find old versions of compatable apps. So I spent a while and I did come accross your posting here, with no response from back in '07.

So, I wanted to list my results :

http://mac.oldapps.com/adobe_reader....dobe_reader=11

OldApps.com has a nice selection of old apps for those who choose to run older mac OS's. They have even more Windows apps as well.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

You don't need adobe reader. 10.3 has preview. In fact, every version of OS X can read pdfs right out of the box, since the entire GUI is based on pngs (which are pdfs).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backing Up Install Disk | extras2.rsrc & SArtfile.bin in a backup file on my desktop! but finder has crashed »