New England, USA
    eMac with 1.25 GHz Power PC G4 processor, 1 GB DDR SDRAM, running OS X v 10.3.9
    Question How to Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Reader?
    How do I get Adobe Reader to work again on my eMac? How do I uninstall and reinstall programs like Adobe?

I was having trouble with it some months ago so I trashed the folder with Adobe in it and downloaded a new version of the free reader. Sometimes I can read a pdf document but whenever I'm at any State of Connecticut website where I click something like this:

I get a window asking me to pick an Adobe Reader from my Applications folder and when I click the Reader the Safari window for that link just stays blank.

How do I uninstall this malfunctioning Adobe Reader properly and then will I be able to reinstall a new download of a free Adobe Reader in a way that will work properly again?

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 and using Safari 1.3.2. Thanks for any advice, I'm the only one I know with a Mac so I've got no friends to ask. I'm pretty lo-tech but finally joined this forum so I can solve this problem and maybe stick around and start to learn more about my computer, eventually I'll be asking you guys for advice on building a web page too but right now I just want my dobe Reader to read pdf links. Thanks!

Howell, NJ USA
    15" PowerBook G4 80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express
    Lightbulb Adobe Reader 7 Download for Mac 10.3.9
    I was searching for any downloads for Adobe Reader 7, because my mom's iBook G4 has Panther 10.3.9. I never realized how difficult it is to find old versions of compatable apps. So I spent a while and I did come accross your posting here, with no response from back in '07.

So, I wanted to list my results : has a nice selection of old apps for those who choose to run older mac OS's. They have even more Windows apps as well.

Ithaca NY
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    You don't need adobe reader. 10.3 has preview. In fact, every version of OS X can read pdfs right out of the box, since the entire GUI is based on pngs (which are pdfs).

Thread Information