New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard for eMac G4 1.25GHz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iBook2007

iBook2007 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I was on the Apple site a few days ago reading about its latest OS, "Leopard" (coming in October) and I was astounded by all of the new features. However, I have a older eMac with a 1.25GHz processor. Furthermore, I have added a decent amount of software and some hardware to it. What I would like to know is:

1. Is my PC fast enough for Leopard
2. Will getting Leopard mean I have to get replace my old hardware and software?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

1. That eMac will almost certainly run Leopard, assuming it has enough memory. Some of the slick graphical special effects might be disabled, or might be a little sluggish, but it should be quite functional.

2. Most of your software and hardware should work just as it does now. There may be some incompatibilities, which we won't know about until Leopard is available.

If the above sounds a bit pessimistic, it's because Leopard is still a big unknown.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

If the trend set by Tiger continues with Leopard, some visual effects or eye candy that you can find in Core Image might not work because for example, your video card would not be compatible. It doesn't stop the Mac from working mind you, it's just that there are some screensavers a non-supported video card can't use and stuff like that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX/XP Data Partition - Format problems | New Imac problems »