New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - OSX 10.3.9 iBook to OSX 10.4.10 MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Massasoit

Massasoit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM

Okay, so I got a Macbook to replace my old 900MHz iBook.

I used the automatic transfer thing that my Macbook prompted me to do - but here's the issue: I believe I had some, well, some crap on the old computer that got transfered over (Old library files, ect), and for the life of me I can't get MacPython to work on the Macbook, which is rather upsetting as I am an amature programmer.

I was wondering if there was any way to detect uneeded files and delete them, or if i should just reinstall the OS, and just put back the music/movies/reinstall the programs.

Thanks,
Massasoit.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Massasoit.

As far as I know, you'll have to do that manually. That's what I did anyhow when I went from my G4 iMac to the iMac G5 I now use.

Thinking back, I should have transferred only my internet settings and stuff like that. All the apps that were important to me (even those that weren't!), I had the installers for and it would have been a much better idea to start from scratch.
QUOTE Thanks
Massasoit

Massasoit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16 GHz, 1GB RAM

Alright. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Customizing Top Toolbar? | System using 70% CPU »