Annoying Internet Connect window.
    Specs:
    20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
    Hi. I'm kind of annoyed with something: Whenever I'm on the internet, I occasionally get a pop-up box that asks if I want to stay connected to the internet, or disconnect. If I'm away from my computer for too long when this happens, it automatically disconnects. So if I'm in the middle of downloading a large file and don't want to sit in front of the computer the whole time, and I go out for maybe an hour or so, the download stops.

What I want to know is: Is there any way to keep this from happening, so the internet stays connected unless I disconnect, without reminding me? Thanks.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    When the message comes up there should be a don't ask me this again option, and on your ISP settings there should also be a disable for that -- I had the same issue!

werby
    Go to System Preferences, select Network. Depending on how you're connecting to the internet, select "built in ethernet"" or "internal modem" from the SHOW drop-down menu. Click on the PPPoE (or PPP for dial-up) tab. Click on the PPeE (or PPP) Options button. There you can check or uncheck prefs for "promt every __ minutes if idle" and "Disconnect if idle for __ minutes" Just uncheck them both and your mac will never bother you again!

Specs:
    20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
    Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by werby
    Go to System Preferences, select Network. Depending on how you're connecting to the internet, select "built in ethernet"" or "internal modem" from the SHOW drop-down menu. Click on the PPPoE (or PPP for dial-up) tab. Click on the PPeE (or PPP) Options button. There you can check or uncheck prefs for "promt every __ minutes if idle" and "Disconnect if idle for __ minutes" Just uncheck them both and your mac will never bother you again!
    Thanks. I think that should work.

Thread Information