New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tim123

tim123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5 1.8 GHz

I just updated to 10.4.10 and now certain pages dont work w/ safari. It gets to a certain point in loading the page, and then (apparantly) tries to load somthing and quits. I sent a report thing to apple, but want to see if Its just a mistake I made. Also I tried installing safari beta 3 and it quits before opening. I also tried resetting safari.

Imac g5
Safari 2.0.4

Pages that quit on loading
www.excite.com
www.qj.net
(probobly alot more)

I have alot of plugins installed so that might be it.
If you need anymore info just ask.
Thanks
(right now I have to deal with crappy firefox)
QUOTE Thanks
rc2121

rc2121 is on a distinguished road

I just installed 10.4.10 & had no problem with those sites.
Try clearing Safari cache & deleting history, deleting Safari prefs, or reinstalling Safari.
Not sure what plug ins you've installed, however if you can remove them & easily reinstall, try that too.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9

I went to the excite site from your link (Firefox's colours were turned off) and was presented with a page that says:
Quote:
The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.
But JavaScript and the cookies were turned on.

That page also says that I couldn't get in because the computer clock might be set 10 years ahead! Riiiight.

So I returned to your link, turned on the colours and was allowed in. That's the first time colours being turned off bounced me. The noive!

I had no trouble with the second link.

QUOTE Thanks
tim123

tim123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5 1.8 GHz

I dont think theres a problem with the browser (in general). I Think theres just a problem with mine, how do you reinstall safari, and/or delete plugins
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost all "My Documents"?! | Themes »