New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Last update make your Mac slow?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

I don't know what it is, but my wife's iMac has been super-slow lately. Both System Update and Parallels have been updated a few times over the past month and as a result the iMac is really slow in regular use. My friend who has a Mini and a similar setup has the same problem. We're not sure if it's the System Updates, the Parallel updates, or a combination of both. Anyone else have this same problem?

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
mvigor

mvigor is on a distinguished road

Yes, yes and yes!

The latest set of updates (offered just before the 10.4.10 updater) has drastically slowed down all 3 macs that I routinely work on.

A 1999 G4 upgraded from dual-500 to dual-1300,
a 2000 G4 upgraded from 500 to dual-500,
and a mini that I use at church.

Honestly I believe that Apple just got tired of my 8 year old computer still working fine with the most up-to-date OS. They are telling me to upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just hid a file with Terminal, now i can't find it! | DVD reading Problem »