New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Cant Adjust Brightness

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shusty

shusty is on a distinguished road

My screen brightness cannot be adjusted using the f buttons or in the display settings box. It doesnt matter whether im in automatic adjust mode or not (which doesnt work when its checked anyways) the slider always moves back to the very lowest position even though my screen stays at a consistent high brightness. When i try to adjust with the f buttons it just shows the very left box lighting up each time i press it then it instantly goes back to no boxes, it never goes up more then the first box. Everything was working fine and then it just decided to stop working for some reason. Has this happened to anyone else?
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Have you tried f15-key?
QUOTE Thanks
shusty

shusty is on a distinguished road

Im on a macbook pro, i only have up to f12. It seems to have fixed itself though. Does anyone know what would have caused it to just decide not to work?
QUOTE Thanks
adoptme

adoptme is on a distinguished road

Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
Start >> Control Panel >> (Classic View) >> Boot Camp >> Brightness (tab)
Then: --Adjust Dim to Bright--

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
jonaroshan

jonaroshan is on a distinguished road

One is on this forums at How to adjust brightness on Mac? and on forums at Teckitech Forums - View topic - [SOLUTION] How to adjust brightness on Mac?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My... keep opening automatically | Trouble starting up »