New Mac - wallpaper?
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum, and new to owning a Mac. I just purchased a Macbook, the mid-level one. I have a rather stupid question, and do expect me to take full advantage of your much advanced knowledge of Macs with many more stupid questions. The question is... How do you apply a wallpaper to the desktop? Say, for example, from Google Image search, and also from your own photo albums on the harddrive? Any information would be helpful. Thanks a bunch, any help you can offer is better than what I'm working with.

P.S. Note that my laptop is not the MacBook Pro, but just the Macbook. For some reason the drop-down prefix option only has MacBook Pro and something else. Sorry.

~New and nervous Mac convert

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    The reason why it only shows Macbook Pro is because you're posting this in the Powerbook/Macbook Pro section. If you post it in the iBook/Macbook section, then you'll see the Macbook option

Back to your question. Go to your System Preferences (it's the white icon in the Dock that looks like a light switch with an Apple logo next to it). Click on Desktop & Screen Saver, and make sure the Desktop tab is selected at the top. You can now choose which wallpaper you'd like. To browse for more folders, just hit the "Choose Folder..." option on the left side

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Moved to the correct forum.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
    You can also get Mac OS X to cycle between different backgrounds in a folder.

Specs:
    G4 Cube
    Once you learn how to do it, hook your MacBook up with some sweet wallpapers!

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/i...s&w=1280&h=800
    Mac Sites - down for reconstruction

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    The reason why it only shows Macbook Pro is because you're posting this in the Powerbook/Macbook Pro section. If you post it in the iBook/Macbook section, then you'll see the Macbook option
    Actually, it has nothing to do with MacBook hardware... its an OS question so it should go to the Software forums.

Already taken care of though.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information