Unhappy Error:"panic: we are hanging here"
    Hi i am new to this website. I just got an emac from a local surplus store tha thas a 1ghz, igb ram, 80gb harddrive and a dvd drive. I borrowed my friends mac osx install cd that came with is ibook he just brought about 3 weeks ago. O btw the harddrive is wiped. When i put in the disk it trys to load up in to the mac osx setup to install it but then i get this error. at the top of the page it says "unable to find driver for this platform"
    and at the bottem of the page i get "panic: we are hanging here" some one please tell me how to fix it. this is my first real mac so i want to to be a good experence caz im trying to move away from windows which i love so much. thank you in advance.

Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Is your friends Mac a Macbook or iBook? Is his a new machine or did he buy it used?

20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    Sorry - Mac OS X Install discs are system-specific. That means your pals iBook disc won't work with an eMac.

It's even more complicated if your friend has a MacBook, not an iBook. iBooks and eMacs had PowerPC processors. MacBooks and all the new Macs have Intel ones, they use different programming languages or something.

You should buy a Mac OS X Install Disc from Apple. They work with all PowerPC Macs.

Thread Information