New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Bluetooth and Bootcamp Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mcnaryxc

mcnaryxc is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, I just got a Macbook Pro last month and I'm happy to say it's the best laptop I've ever had. Very happy I went with a Mac instead of a PC. Anyway, I have a few questions:

I love how MBP's come with bluetooth installed, but when I tried connecting my Jabra BT620's, I soon learned to find that there's no A2DP. Anyone know if Apple is going to come out with a firmware upgrade before Leopard?

I looked around for a workaround, which I did, but it requires an install of X11. I really don't think X11 is installed on my MBP and that's a problem because I can't seem to find my OS boot disks. I asked a friend if I could borrow his from his Macbook and it keeps telling me I'm not allowed. Is there anyway I can get X11 from somewhere? Even torrents?

Lastly, and it's kind of a weird question, but I think it has to do with Bootcamp. I did install XP (its for college ) and the clock's between the OS's are different. Like, when Mac has the right time, Windows is 6 hours ahead. And when Windows had the right time, Mac is 6 hours behind. Is there something to fix this? It's not a big deal, but i'd like it fixed.

Thanks all! Great to be here!
QUOTE Thanks
cramar

cramar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnaryxc View Post
Lastly, and it's kind of a weird question, but I think it has to do with Bootcamp. I did install XP (its for college ) and the clock's between the OS's are different. Like, when Mac has the right time, Windows is 6 hours ahead. And when Windows had the right time, Mac is 6 hours behind. Is there something to fix this? It's not a big deal, but i'd like it fixed.
The problem stems from the fact that OS-X resets its clock to GMT and Windows assumes it is local time. I didn't find out about it until after installing Bootcamp, but Apple mentions it on their website which I cannot seem to find now. Apple says the problem goes away when both OS-X and Windows can update from the Net. It works for me, but there is another fix. Hack the Windows registry:

http://discussions.apple.com/message...378251#2378251
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I don't think Apple has any interest in utilizing A2DP on their computers, otherwise they would have included it already. I'm also very bummed by this. At least on the iPods on the "enchanted iPhone" would be nice. If you find a solution, please share it with the rest of us!

Welcome to the forums!!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

651 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I don't think Apple has any interest in utilizing A2DP on their computers, otherwise they would have included it already. I'm also very bummed by this. At least on the iPods on the "enchanted iPhone" would be nice. If you find a solution, please share it with the rest of us!

Welcome to the forums!!
This is not true only because of the fact that MBP's are becoming the standard for many mobile production needs, especially audio and video. So if I were a betting person I would bet that they do utilize it in their next setup. Which will probably be the 64bit MBP in Oct. with Lep.

No way would they ignore a audio function as important as STEREO sound associated with a new very popular wireless technology.

Either way, be patient, and welcome to the forums!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing new hard-drive | 10.4.10 Audio-out glitch »